Posted by Jacilyn Troeger on Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 2:10pm.
Creating a Budget
Various budget approaches play an important role in resource allocation in human service organizations. You are the executive director for a local government workforce agency that focuses on providing career- and work-related skills. The Department of Education has awarded your agency with grant funding of $1.6 million to provide training programs to high school dropouts. The funded programs are a basic work skills training program and a vocational program. You are preparing a budget matrix to present to the awarding agency. The matrix budget consists of line-item, functional, and program budgets.
Operating Expenses: Per Year
Transportation and travel
Personnel expenses: Annual Salary Number of FTEs
Employee-related benefit expenses @ 25%
All costs excluding the salary of the executive director and training supervisor will be allocated according to this formula:
60% to basic skills program
40% to vocational program
Number of eligible students: 1,000
Use the information above to create each of the following:
1. A line-item budget table showing all associated costs implementing the training programs.
2. A combined functional and program budget to calculate all costs per enrolled student.
- Budget Matrix - Writeacher, Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 2:31pm
Whatever you're trying to copy and paste isn't working, no doubt because it's in a chart or numbered list format.
You'll need to type the rest of the information in by hand.
Then you'll need to be CRYSTAL CLEAR about how you want someone to help you. Keep in mind that we do not do students' assignments for them.
- Budget Matrix - Writeacher, Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 2:34pm
When planning any budget, start with personnel costs:
FICA and other taxes
All personnel items (including allowing room for increase in case of COLAs or other raises) must be taken care of first.
Then you can deal with the building and utilities.
Unfortunately, when planning budget for educational programs, actual classroom equipment and supplies generally come last (after personnel and buildings).
- Budget Matrix - Lori, Monday, June 4, 2012 at 7:48pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Creating a Budget -HSM 220 - Need help to complete assgnmnt for HSM 220 due ...
- Human Resources - Creating a Budget Various budget approaches play an important ...
- Human Services - Creating a Budget Various budget approaches play an important ...
- Accoubting - Creating a Budget Various budget approaches play an important role ...
- HSM 220 Creating a Budget - Need help with how to start this assignment, as I am...
- HHS-human service administrator - This is my assignment for my HHS class. I have...
- human service - Various budget approaches play an important role in resource ...
- HSM 220 Week 6 Budget Matrix - I am having some help with this assignment. I ...
- Hsm/220 - You are the executive director of a local government workforce agency ...
- HSM 220 Budget Matrix - I am so confused on this assignment in HSM/220(Budget ...