Posted by Traci on Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 9:56pm.
Teacher had us to find the verb and/or action verb in sentences. She said there would be either one of each or 2 action verbs in the sentence. What are the verbs/action verbs in these sentences.
1. His car hit a wall in the world's first car accident.
2. The auto had difficulties, however.
3. He hit a surprise team of horses in the first bike accident ever.
4. He hadn't given it brakes.
My mom and I have talked to 5 different people including teachers are we are stuck.
6th grade - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 10:01pm
1. The action verb is HIT.
2. The action verb is HAD. (Note that had is often used as a helping verb. But in this sentence it's the action verb.)
3. The action verb is HIT.
4. The action verb is HAD GIVEN. (Note that in this sentence, HAD is a helping verb.)
6th grade - Traci, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 10:17pm
We identified the obvious like you did. But the teacher said there will be 2 in each in sentence. That's what we can't find.
6th grade - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 10:24pm
Those are all of the verbs in these sentences. Didn't your teacher say there would be one OR two in each sentence?
6th grade - Traci, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 10:38pm
No. She said there would be either 1 verb and 1 action verb OR 2 action verbs.
6th grade - Writeacher, Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 7:13am
The teacher is incorrect. Ms. Sue is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - 1. When you summarize an informational article...
- English - Okay got that one.. What about The cab driver was driving extremely ...
- Language - Break and thing are examples of what kind of verbs (not "action") ...
- english - I am looking for all VERBS both "Action" and "Be" verbs identified in ...
- English - What is a verb? An action word like run,walk,play! There are also "...
- verbs - were suppose to find out if these are linking or action and find the ...
- grammar action and linking verbs(mental or physica - In China, shrines honor ...
- English Gr.5 - Draw one line under each action verb and 2 lines under each ...
- verbs - The verb in this sentence. describes an ongoing action 1. Jack stopped ...
- Clause - I first went to a website to help me with clauses. It said that an ...