Posted by destiny on Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 5:01pm.
in 1996 there were about 2,342,000 marriages in the united states, using the # above my teacher wants me to find percentage of marriages per month she started me with january which had 100,000 mariages which came out to 4 percent of marriages for that month. i've been trying to figure this out but i cant can you help me?
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 5:08pm
How many marriages were in each of the other 11 months?
- math - destiny, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 5:32pm
im supposed to round ot off to the whole percent
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 5:39pm
To find the percentages, divide the monthly number of marriages by the yearly total.
155,000 / 2,342,000 = 0.066 = 7%
147,000 / 2,342,000 = 0.062 = 6%
I'm sure you can do the rest of the months now. :-)
- math - DrBob222, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 5:40pm
[#marriages/2,342,000]*100 = %
[100,000/2,342,000]*100 = 4.2%
That rounds to 4%.
Your sentences and questions are hard to read and understand because you used no (or very little) punctuation. That kind of structure is fine for texting friends but not when doing formal writing.
- math - destiny, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 5:48pm
thank you ms sue wait let me capatalize Ms Sue before before the Dr gets mad
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 5:53pm
You're welcome, Destiny.
DrBob isn't the only one who finds lack of punctuation and capitalization hard to read. Most of us are retired teachers or professors who volunteer to help students on the Jiskha Forum. Our eyes aren't used to text-message formats. Besides, when you're asking professionals for educational assistance, it's only appropriate that you use standard English.
- math - destiny, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 6:10pm
understood thank you
- math - LATOYA, Friday, March 11, 2011 at 5:35pm
THERE ARE 25 STUDENT IN A CLASS. 2/5 ARE BOYS. HOW MANY GIRLS ARE IN THERE
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - in 2001 there were about 2,317,000 marriages in the United States. Ms.Sue...
- College Algebra - According to data from the National Vital Statistics Report, ...
- math - in the united states .154,000,000 tons of garbage are prouduced annually...
- Sociology - About how many marriages in the United States end in divorce? 10%-...
- math - Assume that the average annual salary for a worker in the United States ...
- Statistics - Assume that the average annual salary for a worker in the United ...
- financial accounting and reporting - january 01,2007 Mr.A started a business ...
- accounting - As of January 1 of the current year, the Grackle Company had ...
- English - Hi, I need a title for my essay it is about woman being unhappy with ...
- Math - Assume that the average annual salary for a worker in the United States ...