Posted by y912f on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 10:23pm.
While the United States referred to the conflict with Mexico as the Mexican War, Mexicans called the war the North American Invasion.
What do these different names suggest about each country's perspective on the war?
i'm so stuck on this quesiton, please help me
history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 10:28pm
And I'm so sorry that you're not in a regular school with living, breathing teachers to explain these concepts.
Think about why the U.S. went to war against Mexico.
Why do you think Mexico called it an invasion?
history - y912f, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 10:36pm
the mexican gov'ment had taken the first step toward war. even if the u.s. could persuade Mexico to accept the annexation, a dispute about the southern boundary of Texas remained an explosive issue.
presidnet polk viewed the mexican war as an opportunity for the u.s. to expand its boundaries across the cntinent
i still don't understand each countries persepective on the war
can you please help me
history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 10:41pm
Pulling two sentences out of context isn't going to help you understand this war.
Please read the whole section. Then post why YOU think the U.S. went to war.
history - y912f, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 10:44pm
thanks a lot
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- U.S. History - While the United States referred to the conflict with Mexico as ...
- history - While the United States referred to the conflict with Mexico as the ...
- S.S - ". . . But now, after reiterated menaces, Mexico has passed the boundary ...
- History (PLEASE) stuck - What did President James Polk hope to gain as a result...
- Social Studies - 2. Why did the Unites States become involved in Mexico's civil ...
- History PLEASE!!! - What action did President Polk take that resulted in the war...
- Social Studies - You have been reading about the war between the United States ...
- ss - You have been reading about the war between the United States and Mexico ...
- Tx History - The Mexican War What are the unites states 4 reasons for war? I ...
- history - What was the significance of the Mexican-American War? ( choose all ...