Posted by Anna on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 5:27pm.
How would you change this sentence into a sentence using the conditional?
Vamos a ver la película mañana.
- Spanish III - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 5:42pm
You would NOT use the conditional with the word "mañana" meaning tomorrow unless you also have a "si clause" such as:
We would see the film tomorrow, if we could. In order to do that sentence, you would need to have had the Past/Imperfect Subjunctive.
Veríamos la película mañana si pudiéramos.
We would go to see the film, etc.
Iríamos a ver la película mañana si pudiéramos.
Is this a set of exercises you are to do? Always give us the complete directions of what you are to do. Is there a modelo/ejemplo for you to follow? (These are things we need to know to help you best.)
- Spanish III - Anna, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 5:50pm
The directions say:
Cambiar las siguientes oraciones al modo potencial (codicional)
I have to do 20 of them but I wasn't there for the lesson so I'm not quite sure what I am suppossed to do.
There is no model or example.
- Spanish III - Anna, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 6:50pm
- Spanish III - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 9:09pm
OK = use the model I gave you.
main verb = conditional
si clause = past/Imperfect Subjunctive
Try a few and I'll be glad to check them for you.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar Advisor - I just cannot figure out if these answers are correct or not. ...
- conditional sentence - 1. If the sound system hadn't failed,last night's show ...
- conditional sentence - 1. If the sound system hadn't failed, last night's show ...
- Spanish - Rewriting this sentence in DIRECT OBJECT PRONOUNS. -Vamos a ver a mi ...
- Spanish - Proofreading - Can someone please proofread this for me? Thank you. Mi...
- spanish: Please help me remember one easy word - How do you say "to" in Spanish...
- Spanish - Give the correct form of the appropriate verb, saber or conocer, which...
- spanish - Van a dar las noticias a las doce en el canal dos. Vamos _____. a. a ...
- spanish - "Mañana vamos a ver el último partido del campeonato de béisbol. ¿...
- sra jmcguin - vas a (ver) la pelicula nueva?--Claro, siempre (ver) todas las ...