Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 3:56pm.
Can someone show me how to answer these questions step-by-step? Thanks!
Solve the equation for y in terms of x
1.2x + 7= y
2. x- 2/3y= 3
3.-12x + 3y = 48
Give any three ordered pairs that are solutions of the equation
4. -1/4y - x =0
5. 5x - y= -5
- Pre-Algebra - Riley, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 9:33pm
to solve for y in terms of y just set the equation equal to y. Then divide everything by the coefficiant of y.
#1) 2x+7=y (already correct)
x-3=(2/3)y (move y by itself)
(x-3)/(2/3)=y (divide by 2/3)
- Pre-Algebra - RickP, Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 11:52pm
-12x + 3y = 48
add 12x to both sides
3y = 12x + 48
divide all terms by 3
y = 4x + 16
-1/4y - x = 0
start as above: solve for y
add x to both sides
-1/4y = x
multiply all terms by -4
y = -4x
Now plug in 3 values for x (such as -1, 0, and 1) and find the value for y for each. The three resulting (x,y) pairs are ordered pairs.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Algebra [repost ] - I need help on these three questions BEFORE 10:00 PM. ...
- Pre-Algebra [urgent!] - I can't find the solution to this problem; can someone ...
- Pre-Algebra - Can someone please help me answer these two questions? I have ...
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...
- Algebra - Which choice could be the equation of a line parallel to the line ...
- pre algebra - solve the equation step by step.list each step along with the ...
- math,help - Can someone show me how step by step how to solve this problem... ...
- pre algebra - please show me step by step how to solve the following equation -...
- algebra - Check whether the ordered pair is a solution to the equation x =3/4; (...
- Pre-Algebra - Can someone show me how to solve this problem step by step?Here is...