Posted by mysterychicken on Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 9:07pm.
Can someone please check and see if my answers are right?
Identify the entire noun clause:
1.The big green parrot speaks to whoever comes in the house
Ans- whoever comes into the house
2.For many years, no one knew where tuna spawned.
Ans- where tuna spawned
3.On this special night, dinner will be whatever you'd like.
Ans- whatever you'd like
4.The police always gives tickets to whoever parks in front of a hydrant.
Ans- whoever parks in front of a hydrant
5.What your room needs is a portable dumpster and a front loader young man.
Ans- what your room needs
I won't be surprised if I get all these wrong...but I did my best! Thanks!!
- Grammar - Writeacher, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 9:14pm
1 - correct
2 - correct
3 - correct
4 - include "to" and it'll be correct
5 - correct
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 9:20pm
In number 4, I think you should use the plural verb "give" because "police" is considered a plural noun.
- Grammar - Writeacher, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 9:21pm
Well, I guess 4 could be considered correct as you first had it -- if you had to say what part of speech the noun clause was serving as, what would you say?
- Grammar - Writeacher, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 9:23pm
I agree with Ms. Sue. You should either use "policeman" or "give" but the way it's written right now, there's a subj/verb disagreement!
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 10:08pm
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 10:34pm
MC -- I'm not offended -- but find it humorous that you should address two retired women teachers as "guys." <g>
- Grammar - MysteryChicken?, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 12:32am
Some homework help * laughs * K-12 is hard isn't it?
XD It's a common term. :3
Answer this Question
- can you please look over my answers? clauses - Can you please look over the ...
- Grammar - 1. Identify the NC in each of the following sentences. Tell whether it...
- english - Identifying the subordinate clauses.then write Noun,adjective, or ...
- 11th grade english - I'm supposed to choose how the italicized noun clause is ...
- 11th grade english. Noun clauses - I'm supposed to choose how the italicized ...
- Could you please check over my english? :) - I'm working on an English ...
- English ~ Clauses - Hey guys! I was hoping that someone could look over my ...
- english - Identify the underlined words in each sentence. 7. (Because chickens ...
- Grammar - I have a few more grammar questions, can someone please help me find ...
- English Answer Check--Please, help me! - Underline the clauses in the following ...