Posted by mysterychicken on Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 6:37pm.
Can someone please help me with these questions? I have noo idea about them!
Identify the function of the relative pronoun in the adjective clause.
1.The game was designed by Zack, who studies computer programming.
2.We all enjoyed the play that you wrote.
How can I find the relative pronoun in these sentences? Can someone show me how to answer them? Thanks!!
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 6:41pm
I know that the relative pronoun for #1 is who
are those right?
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 6:42pm
Relative pronouns are those pronouns that introduce a subordinate clause.
This is an excellent site for learning about them.
In the first sentence, the pronoun WHO is the subject of the verb STUDIES. In the second sentence, the pronoun THAT is the object of the verb WROTE.
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 6:43pm
So the answer for #1 is subject
and #2 is direct object?
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 6:44pm
- Grammar - mysterychicken, Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 6:44pm
Yay! Thanks a million Ms.Sue (:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - Identify the function of the relative pronoun in the adjective clause...
- Grammar - I have a few more grammar questions, can someone please help me find ...
- English - Identify the grammar problem. A cool, pine-scented breeze. a. ...
- Grammar2 - Identify the function of the relative pronoun in the adjective clause...
- English ~ Clauses - Hey guys! I was hoping that someone could look over my ...
- 11th grade english - I'm supposed to choose how the italicized noun clause is ...
- 11th grade english. Noun clauses - I'm supposed to choose how the italicized ...
- English - 1.With a cool, silent determination (that seemed to be instinctive), ...
- grammar - Is this pronoun case correct? Perdo Martinez signed a baseball for ...
- English - Identify the world in bold type. Do you know someone who can fix a ...