Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, May 1, 2009 at 3:23pm.
Can someone please show me how to solve these problems step-by-step so that I can understand how to do them?
1.Use inverse operations to write a related inequality and solve for the variable:
d/6 < 12
2.Use inverse operations to solve the inequality:
3.Use transformations to solve the equation:
4.Use transformations to solve the inequality:
19-3m+5+7m < 0
Basically I don't get transformations and inverse operations. Pleeasee help! THANKS A MILLION =)
- Pre-Algebra - Reiny, Friday, May 1, 2009 at 5:24pm
remember the inverse operation of multiplication is division and vice versa
and the inverse operation of addition is subtraction and vice versa
so in #1 ,
d/6 < 12 , we have a division by 6, so the inverse is multiplication by 6
so multiply both sides by 6
d < 72
m-27 = 85
m - 27 + 27 = 85 + + 27
m = 112
looks like a big deal is made about nothing
using "transformations" to solve such trivial questions as #3 and #4 ????
Why not just go ahead and solve it ?
- Pre-Algebra - mysterychicken, Friday, May 1, 2009 at 5:36pm
Ummm OK thanks; I think I have a couple more questions coming up...
- Pre-Algebra - eli , Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 3:54am
Josh is going to rent a truck for one day. There are two companies he can choose from, and they have the following prices.
Company A charges and allows unlimited mileage.
Company B has an initial fee of and charges an additional for every mile driven.
For what mileages will Company A charge less than Company B?
Use for the number of miles driven, and solve your inequality for .
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Algebra [urgent!] - I can't find the solution to this problem; can someone ...
- college algebra - Solve the following inequality. x^3+9x^2-108 less or equal to ...
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...
- Pre-Algebra - Can someone show me how to solve this problem step by step?Here is...
- Pre-Cal - Hi, can someone please solve this step-by-step for me? I really don't ...
- Algebra 2 - can someone show me how to do it step by step please! Use a graph ...
- Pre-Algebra - I'm stuck on these two problems; can someone show me how to solve ...
- Algebra - Can someone please help me with math problem and explain to me step by...
- math ergent please please... - 10.a)Solve the inequality x^3-5x^2+2x+8<0 by i...
- Algebra 2 - V=df-di/tf-tf; solve for tf Please show step by step procedure so I ...