Posted by sh on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 11:42pm.
Which of the following elements would have the largest third ionization energy: K, Ca, Ga?
What is third?
Thanks in advance.
chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 11:47pm
Third ionization means the third electron has been pulled off.
chemistry - sh, Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 11:53pm
Hm, so would the answer be Ga, since it is on the right side of the periodic table. Ga's nuclear charge would be greater
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 12:07am
Go to www.webelements.com, click on the elements, scroll down the right side of the page to electronic properties, click on that which will go to the ionization section. First, second, etc are given.
chemistry - sh, Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 12:20am
Nevermind, I got it :) Thanks!
It's calcium because the third electron would be the full shell, 3p6.
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 12:22am
chemistry - michael, Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 6:32am
name the most suitable way of separating oil from simsim seeds?
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 2:52pm
I don't know what a simsim seed is and neither does Google.com. In the future, don't piggy back on another post for a separate post but go to the "post a new question" and click on it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry (Bohr model) - The second ionization energy of He is almost exactly ...
- CHEM AP please help!! - Why does the octet rule not hold for many compounds ...
- Chemistry - These ionization energies (Kj/mol) have been reported for element "Z...
- chemestry - write a chemical equation for an atom losing a third electron. would...
- Chemistry - Doing some homework, are my answers right? HCN= Polar HCOOH= Polar ...
- chem - order the elements Mg, K, Ca, S according to second ionization energy I ...
- Chemistry - Suppose that a PES experiment is performed in which mercury vapor is...
- chemistry - Hi, my question: The first five ionization energies of three ...
- chemistry - how do you write the ionization reaction and the acid ionization ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following elements has the smallest ionization energy? ...