This depend upon the problems in y our community and what troubles you the most. You really can't do anything until you select a problem!
Then you can discuss it with friends, family, neighbors,''Sra
I agree with Sra. YOU have to make the decision.
Remember not to settle on too broad a topic -- drug abuse, for example, is too broad. You could write BOOKS about that! So ...
You may write about hazardous waste;
1. Hazardous wastes may be found in different physical states such as gasses, liquids, or solids. Furthermore, a hazardous waste is a special type of waste because it cannot be disposed of by common means like other by-products of our everyday lives. Depending on the physical state of the waste, treatment and solidification processes might be available. In other cases, however, there is not much that can be done to prevent harm. Hazardous wastes may undergo different treatments in order to stabilize and dispose of them.
• Many HWs can be recycled into new products. Examples might include lead-acid batteries or electronic circuit boards where the heavy metals can be recovered and used in new products. Another example is the ash generated by coal-fired power plants; these plants produced two types of these residues: fly and bottom ash. Fly ash particles have a low density, are very fine, and are removed by air pollution control devices. On the other side, bottom ash is a dense, dark, gravely substance that remains on the bottom of combustion chambers. After these types of ashes go though the proper treatment, they could bind to other pollutants and convert them into easier-to- dispose solids, or they could be used as pavement filling. Such treatments reduce the level of threat of harmful chemicals, like fly and bottom ash, while also recycling the safe product and helping the environment.
• Another treatment is cement based solidification and stabilization. Cement is used because it can treat a range of hazardous wastes by improving physical characteristics and decreasing the toxicity and transmission of contaminants. The cement produced is categorized into 5 different divisions, depending on its strength and components. This process of converting sludge into cement might include the addition of pH adjustment agents, phosphates, or sulfur reagents to reduce the settling or curing time, increase the compressive strength, or reduce the leach ability of contaminants.
• Some HW can be processed so that the hazardous component of the waste is eliminated. making it a non-hazardous waste. An example of this might include a corrosive acid that is neutralized with a basic substance so that it is no-longer corrosive. Another mean to neutralize some of the waste is pH adjustment. pH is an important factor on the leaching activity of the hazardous waste. By adjusting the pH of some toxic materials, we are reducing the leaching ability of the waste.
• A HW may be "destroyed" for example by incinerating it at a high temperature. Flammable wastes can sometimes be burned as energy sources. For example many cement kilns burn HWs like used oils or solvents.
• A HW may be sequestered in a HW landfill or permanent disposal facility.
• Some hazardous waste types may be eliminated using pyrolisis in an ultra high temperature electrical arc, in inert conditions to avoid combustion. This treatment method may be preferable to high temperature incineration in some circumstances such as in the destruction of concentrated organic waste types, including PCBs, pesticides and other persistent organic pollutants.