Posted by erika on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:10pm.
Bernice made a kite by putting 2 triangles together the base of each triangles is 9 inches The height of each triangles is 12 inches and the height of the other triangle is 16 inches What is the area of the kite?show your work.!!!
- Math - erika, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:11pm
hint the area of a triangle is 1/2 bh
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:15pm
"The height of each triangles is 12 inches . . ."
Do you mean the height of ONE triangle is 12 inches?
The base and height of one triangle are 9 and 12 inches.
9 * 12 = 108
1/2 * 108 = 54 square inches
Now, do the same math for the other triangle and add the two together.
We'll be glad to check your answer.
- Math - erika, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:22pm
yes sorry i did meen one triangle....
so will i take 9*16=? and then
1/2*?=? square inches
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:31pm
- Math - erika, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:32pm
so heres my anser
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:35pm
Yes. The second triangle's area is 72 square inches.
Now, add 54 and 72 to find the total area of the kite.
Answer this Question
- 6th grade math - Bernice made a kite by putting 2 triangles together The base of...
- math - Monique is using similar triangles in her graphic-design project. The ...
- math - The base in the Sierpinski triangle has 1 white triangle and zero black ...
- math - jodi said that two congruent triangles that each have a base of 10 inches...
- math - mat e. matics starts to construct a series of triangles. all the ...
- Triangles/Math - All of these are triangles Find the areas of the triangles 1. 8...
- 5th Gr Math - Mikail used 220 inches of wire to make this figure. The figure is ...
- math - Mikhail used 220 inches of wire to make this figure. this figure is made ...
- Calculus - Pyramid - A pyramid with a square base and four faces, each in the ...
- math - the figure is made of two identical triangles a 15 inch by 12 inch ...