Posted by Claire on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 6:33pm.
Sandy, has fewer than 16 crayons. If she puts them in equal rows of 5, none are left over. If she puts them in equal rows of 6, four are left over. How many crayons are there?
two rows of fives=10
one row of sixes=6
10-6=4 crayons left over.
I think the answer is 10 crayons.
3rd grade Math - bobbi, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 6:43pm
two rows of 5=10 and 2 rows of 6= 12 16-12=4 so she had 4 left after rows of six so yes i agree she has 10 crayons :]
3rd grade Math - Claire, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 6:48pm
I think I'm right but not sure if the second part of your answer is right? But I think mine is.
3rd grade Math - bobbi, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 6:56pm
oh yea i got confused because 2 rows = 10 and none left so rows of 6 with 4 left would be 1 row of 6 and 4 left so yea she has 10 crayons sorry i got confused! it is easy to get confused on the simplest of problems thanks 4 noticing !
3rd grade Math - Claire, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 6:59pm
Thanks, no problem.
3rd grade Math - bobbi, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:04pm
3rd grade Math - manav, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 4:18pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Weird question.........H.W due in tomrrow...quick - Sarah Jane has a set of ...
- 4th Grade Math - Ben is helping plant tulips. He plants bulbs in two rows and ...
- Grade 4 Math - Ali has a bag of marbles, if he puts them into groups of 7, then ...
- math - if you arrange these items into equal rows tell how many will be in each ...
- Proofs and numbers - Imagine you are an old Chinese scholar teaching Proof and ...
- math - when jason arranges his toy soldiers in rows of 6, he has left 1.when he ...
- Maths - marie puts dimes in groups of 4 with 2 dimes left over. When she puts ...
- Math - Ming has 13 rocks. He puts them into 2 equal groups with some left over. ...
- math - All rows in the students' theater are equal the third person from the ...
- math 12 - Seven year-old Sarah has nine crayons; three blue, one red, two green ...