Posted by history on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 10:15am.
i have a map of Chicago in my book, it shows how immigrants often settled in communities that had been established by others from their homeland, creating ethnic neighborhoods within cities.
can someone please give me a few good and bad points to this question so i can get the idea, then i will add more. thanks soo much
what advantages and disadvantages might ethnic neighborhoods have offered their residents?
- history - Writeacher, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 10:24am
** Use Ctrl + F to search for specific words (such as "advantage" or "disadvantage") in any article you find, including this one.
** And ... As with all Wikipedia search results, be sure to check out all the external links and further references at the bottom of each Wikipedia page.
Read very carefully.
and others: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=advantages+disadvantages+immigrants+in+ethnic+neighborhoods&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images
- history - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 10:26am
Here's a GOOGLE Search with information:
At first, it makes it so much easier for immigrants to survive because it's the same language, culture, etc. that they are accustomed to.
It makes it more difficult to integrate with the general population because one hates to leave one's "comfort zone."
Especially in Chicago, residents of an ethnic community tend to stay there but it's difficult for an "outsider" to shop, etc. when everyone speaks (for example) Italian.
- history - history, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 10:28am
thanks so much
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A map suggests that Atlanta is 730 miles in a direction 5.00° north of...
- U.S. History - i have a map that shows the Electoral Vote in 1792 it shows each ...
- texas history - Need help with texas history -what were the illegal immigants ...
- math word problem - a scale on a map is 1.5 in. : 200 mi. the map distance from ...
- social studies-Ms. Sue - "Immigrants have frequently been accused of taking jobs...
- US History Project - I have a US History project that's due... I have to make a ...
- English - In the poem "Dream Deferred" by Langston Hughes, what does the term "...
- ss-maps *repost* (sorry!) - What is the difference between a road map and a bird...
- US History - I have written a small essay on this question: Compare the ways in ...
- math - If a scale on a map is 2.5 cm to 30 miles..if two cities are 8 cm apart ...