Posted by K on Monday, April 27, 2009 at 7:19pm.
9z-42z-72/3z^2+28z+32divided by 2z^2+10z-48/z^2-9z+18
Can someone help me? I know they're supposed to be flipped and factored, and I did that, but afterwards I can only get as far as:
- Algebra - K, Monday, April 27, 2009 at 7:21pm
Wait, I wrote it wrong. This is the correct way:
- Algebra - Reiny, Monday, April 27, 2009 at 7:33pm
my factors were
[(3z+4)(3z-18)]/[3z+4)(z+8)] x [(2z-6)(z+8)]/[(z-3)(z-6)]
= 6 , z not equal to -4/3, -8, 3, or 6
- Algebra - K, Monday, April 27, 2009 at 7:43pm
I don't understand. If you do it that way, your z-3 doesn't cancel and then i don't know where to go from there.
- Algebra - Reiny, Monday, April 27, 2009 at 7:47pm
notice at the top there was a 2z-6
which is 2(z-3)
there is also 3z-18 at the top which
so the z-3 and the z-6 at the bottom cancel with the rest of the stuff leaving only the 3x2 at the top
- Algebra - K, Monday, April 27, 2009 at 8:08pm
Thank you for answering, but I'm so confused. Can someone else help, please?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra, check. - 10z-4=10z-2 So I subtract 4 from the 2 right? and 10 from the ...
- Algebra - z^5-28z^3+27z=0 How do you use variable substitution and factoring to ...
- Algebra - 8(a-b)2+14(a-b)-15 Is 8(a-b)2 supposed to mean 8(a-b)^2? If so, what ...
- Integrating quadratics? - find the antiderivative of f(x) = x^3(x-2)^2 I ...
- math - Factor 2x²+13x+40 I thought with this sort of problem you are supposed to...
- intense algebra - Evaluate 27z^2 + 42z - 5?
- algebra - Find the zeroes of each function. State the multiplicity of multiple ...
- Algebra - Use multiplying by 1 to find an expression equivalent to 16/7 with a ...
- math - can this be simplified further? x^4+2x^3+4x^2+8x+16 Unless you are asking...
- math - please help me simplify (x^3+8)/(x^4-16). thanks. The denominator is ...