Posted by Ashley on Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 4:47pm.
"Once hired, the teacher will sign a contract with the board of education listing the terms of employment and what the individuals’ salary will be."
This is a run-on sentence, I can't figure out how to fix it. Please help.
"If a student is 18 or older then that student has a right to view their school records."
It says there is a noun-pronoun agreement problem.
english - GuruBlue, Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 4:51pm
After being hired by the Board of Education, the teacher will sign a contract listing the salary and the
terms of employment.
Yes, there is a noun pronoun agreement problem. Is the word "student" singular or plural? What pronoun refers to the student? Does that pronoun agree in number?
english - Ashley, Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 4:53pm
English - Writeacher, Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 5:00pm
The first sentence is not technically a run-on, but it does need to be shorter and less wordy.
The second sentence has another error in it. You need to use "than" not "then" when comparing things.
english - Ms. Sue, Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 5:03pm
I respectfull disagree, Writeacher. As I read the sentence, "then" is correct.
English - Writeacher, Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 5:03pm
Oh, you're right!! I read it too fast! Thanks! =)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- early childhood education - You will be observed by the director at least once a...
- Algebra - A teacher's union has negotiated a uniform salary increase for each ...
- english - This English project requires several hours of work everyday, my ...
- Business law - On June 1, Jen enters into an oral contract to work as a sales ...
- English - Hello. I'll be grateful for your help. 1)Is the sentence OK: "The ...
- english - which is a better metaphor. when tom came out of the shower, he was ...
- PreCalculas help - Suppose you sign a contract for an annual salary of $50,000 ...
- Business Law - Can anyone please help? Covenants not to compete (noncompete ...
- History - Anyone Know? Background Information: before Brown v. Board of ...
- Business Law - On June 1, Jen enters into an oral contract to work as a sales ...