Posted by Jon on Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 1:30pm.
1.Write the equation 5x+y-2=0 in normal form.
5x+y=2 (add two to both sides)
Standard form (Ax+By=C)---> 5x+y=2
Y-intercept (when x equals 0)
X-intercept (when y equals 0)
Slope intercept (y=mx+b)
2.Use the sum or difference identity to find the exact value of tan105 degrees.
tan 105 = tan (60 +45) = (tan 60 +tan 45)/ 1-tan60tan45 =
(sqrt 3 + 1) / (1 -sqrt3 (1)) =
(1 +sqrt 3)^2 / (1-sqrt 3)(1+sqrt 3) =
(1 +sqrt 3)^2 /( 1-3) =
(1 +2sqrt 3 + 3) / (-2) =
Math - Reiny, Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 1:47pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - Can someone help me with this equation please? The directions are: ...
- Algebra - What is 2x=7? Is it a standard form, or slope-intercept form, or not a...
- Quick math help - My math exam is coming up Friday and I need help!! Can you ...
- Algebra - I have an assignment that asks me to write an equation in slope-...
- MATH - Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Instructions a. If needed, rewrite the ...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...
- Math - Slope intercept - Write this equation in slope intercept form. 6x-3y-2=0 ...
- Math - How do I put this equation in slope intercept form? 2. 2x + 3y = 6 Slope ...
- Algebra.. - HELP. Problems 4 - 7: Write an equation for the line in point/slope ...
- Algebra2 - Help? Write an equation for the line in point/slope form and slope/...