Posted by bollocks on Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 8:17pm.
ok I need help with this math question and will need help with a few others after this one is answered.
-8=y/4 <-- Y over 4
i think Y = 2 but idk help me
9th grade Math - Riley, Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 9:33pm
so multiply both sides by 4. On the right side the 4's will cancel and on the left it will be -32.
-8 = (y/4)
-8*4 = (y/4)*4
-32 = y
Hint: Substitue your answer back into the original equation to check your work. So in this case check, does (-32/4) equal -8? Yes!
9th grade Math - donald tegue, Friday, June 12, 2009 at 1:18pm
first, you should multiply bothsides by 4
the right side cancles the leftside equals -32
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 9th grade - Celia bought 12 apples, ate two of them, and sold the rest at 20 ...
- writing - explain how the path your life would take would be diffrent if school ...
- Applying Rational Number Operations - (7th grade regular math) One half liter of...
- math - A teacher prepares a test. She gives 5 objective type questions out of ...
- BIO - I really need help with this question, Damon gave me an answer, but I do ...
- 9th grade math - Hey i need help on my math hw i just don't get it lol please ...
- science 3 grade - i need this question to be answered please this is question- ...
- I may fail the 8th grade? - My home life has been crazy so I missed a lot of ...
- Math - So this is a math quiz I took a few months ago and they said I can redo ...
- 9th grade - I need help with my math homework