Posted by kirs on Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 10:42am.
from here im lost
- college algebra - Reiny, Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 11:37am
what do you want to do?
solve it ?
find the y-intercept ?
- college algebra - kirs, Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 2:45pm
yes find y intercept
- college algebra - Reiny, Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 3:41pm
then let x = 0
so y = 3(0) + 18(0) = 0
the y-intercept is 0, the line runs through the origin.
- college algebra - kirs, Friday, April 24, 2009 at 5:55pm
sorry i meant the x intercept
- college algebra - RickP, Friday, May 1, 2009 at 1:16am
y = 3x^2+18x
0 = 3x^2+18x
3x is common to both terms on the right: factor it out.
0 = 3x(x + 6)
If 2 values are multiplied together and the product is 0, then one or both of the values must be 0.
3x = 0 and/or x + 6 = 0
Take it from there.
Answer this Question
- Math-Linear Equations - Please let me know if I understand this correctly. Find ...
- Algebra - checking problem Use FOIL to multiply: (6x – 1)(3x – 4) 6x*3x + 6x*(-4...
- math - when I have (2x^(3)-18x)-(2x^(3)) / (x^(2)-9) am I suppose to be left ...
- Math - Find the Least Common multiple of the two expressions: 24x^2-96 & 18x^2+...
- Math - How can we factor trinomial: 36x^2+18x+0 Is thislike this: 18x(2x+1)
- Math - 9x^2+16y^2-18x+64y-71=0 find the coordinates of the center, the foci, and...
- BobPursley..here it is: - Problem 1: (x-2)/(3x+4) - 6x/(x+1) What I did: Common ...
- Pre-Cal - Classify the conic and write the equation in standard form: (1) 9x^2...
- math - help my daughter has a math problem and came to me for help, I am lost...
- Inter. Algebra - what is the answer to 2 square root of 18x? Do you mean 2*(18x)...