Posted by Jon on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:07pm.
Find the coordinates of the point whose polar coordinates are (20,140degrees).
x=r cos (o)
y=r sin (o)
x=20 cos (140)
y=20 sin (140)
x=20 (-0.7660)= -15.32
y=20 (0.6427)= 12.85
on my answer on my paper, I left off the - and the ) at the end. She pointed at the ( at the beginning but she didn't add the negative sign for 15.32 so I'm confused on whether I got it wrong just because I left off the parenthesis at the end or the answer isn't (-15.32, 12.86)
- Math(is the problem too hard?) - Reiny, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:11pm
I answered it the last time you posted it.
I will leave it up to you to find it, think it was sometime this afternoon.
Your correct answer is (-15.32,12.85)
leaving a negative sign off, is a major error,
forgetting a bracket at the end I would consider "bad form"
I also would not give full marks if your sollution contained "bad form".
- Math(thanks) - Jon, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:37pm
Thanks. I posted this question 4 times titled math, math repost, math repost, and this one.
You must be thinking of the other question about writing the standard form of the equation of the circle but oh well.
Answer this Question
- Math - Find the coordinates of the point whose polar coordinates are (20,...
- Math repost - Find the coordinates of the point whose polar coordinates are (20,...
- TRIGONOMETRY - Can you check my work, please? This is for a trig study guide for...
- algebra - Can someone please help me do this problem? That would be great! ...
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- tigonometry - expres the following as sums and differences of sines or cosines ...
- Math - A point in polar coordinates is given, Find the corresponding rectangular...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- Math - Calculus - The identity below is significant because it relates 3 ...
- trig - Reduce the following to the sine or cosine of one angle: (i) sin145*cos75...