Posted by km on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 9:43pm.
is 7/8 >,< or = to 8/9?
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 9:49pm
First find the common denominator.
7/8 and 8/9 = 63/72 and 64/72
- math - Reiny, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 9:53pm
here is a simple way to compare fractions
Write them down side by side, leave a space between them.
first :top-left times bottom right
second: bottom-left times top right
what symbol between the 63 and 64 would make a true statement ?
63 < 64
put that same symbol between the original fractions.
of course if you have a calculator, just change each fraction to a decimal, then it easy to decide which is the smaller
7/8 = .875
8/9 = .88888..
since .875 < .8888.
7/8 < 8/9
Answer this Question
- Math...For All Math Tutors - I would like to know how many of the people ...
- math - all i can say is math stinx dont mess with math. without math, a lot of ...
- math - I just do not understand how to figure this out. Find the number of ...
- English Grammar - A: What time is your math/Math class? B: At eleven forty-five...
- Math - Is IB Math Studies the same as Pre-Calculus? I heard that IB Math Studies...
- 3rd grade Math - Actual question on homework."EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN BREAK APART ...
- math math math math - a. what is the general term of the following series? 60/...
- What Makes A Good Math Teacher? - I think a good math teacher is someone who can...
- Math - All of my life I have gotten a C average in math. I have been trying to ...
- English - Revise the folloing sentences to create parallel constructions. (...