Posted by Teresa Joseph on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 8:11pm.
At a faculty costume party, each teacher from transylvania Middle School came dressed as his or her favorite creepy creature. The teachers arrived one at a time, and when a new teacher came in, each of the teachers already there lined up at the door and shook hands with the newcomer. Count Dracula(Mr.Blab) kept track of the number of hand shkes exchanged. He said that there were 171 handshakes exchanged at the party.
How many teachers came to the costume party?
7th grade Math - PsyDAG, Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 11:14am
The second teacher would have one handshake, the third, two, and so on. Continue on until you get a sum of 171.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
7th grade Math - carlos, Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 1:29pm
7th grade Math - callie stenz, Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 8:35pm
The answer is 19. There were 19 teachers at the party.
7th grade Math - NA, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 6:39pm
I think it is 170 because the second person has the first handshake with the new teacher and its like one less.The answer is 170.
7th grade Math - anny, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 5:23pm
i don't get two methods too solve it
7th grade Math - Jessica, Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 3:16am
I don't get methods too solve problem heeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllp pllllllllllllease
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 8th grade - At a faculty costume party, each teacher from transylvania Middle ...
- math - At the faculty costume party , each teacher from Transylvania Middle ...
- math - At the faculty costume party, each teacher from Transylvania Middle ...
- 7th grade math (probability) - I'm not sure how to answer this: 3. THe 7th grade...
- Not a subject for course-off topic question - Hello, I don't know where else to ...
- To Michael - Here's the question you posted in response to another student. "Ms....
- Grammar - Select the correct sentence: A) Who is your favorite teacher? B) Whom ...
- English - 1. He went to the teachers' room. There were many teachers, and he was...
- English - What is different in middle school compared with elementary school? In...
- Math - A school has four art teachers, three music teachers, and eight history ...