Posted by Taleisa on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 7:11pm.
Hi there, i posted a question similar to this yesterday that i am having a little more difficulty with.
Discuss the theme of intolerance in relation to the novel. Use examples of people who are involved in bringing out this theme.
I am having trouble coming up with a thesis statement. One of the characters who show intolerance is Aunt Alexandra who is a perfect example of narrow-mindedness and racial intolerance. When Scout and Jem want to go to Calpurnia's church she quickly hesistated and said 'No'.
I don't know how to connect the character of Aunt Alexandra to the thesis statment.
- To: Writeteacher - GuruBlue, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 7:17pm
Check out this site. It has an excellent analysis of themes and motifs in that book. Also check the section on Character analysis.
- To: Writeteacher - Taleisa-Help please, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 8:11pm
How about this:
In to kill a mockingbird, Aunt Alexandra is the quintessence of racial intolerance by the way she disciplines how the children should act and behave.
- To: Writeteacher - Writeacher, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 8:16pm
I'd add "as she shows" before "by."
I'd also remove "how" and "should act and behave." The sentence will be smoother.
- To: Writeteacher - Taleisa-Help please, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 8:29pm
I also had this, what do you think?
In To Kill a Mockingbird, Aunt Alexandra is the quintessence of racial intolerance, both in the way she disciplines the children and how her personal life is depicted.
- To: Writeteacher - Writeacher, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 8:40pm
That's very good!! =)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Hi there, i posted a question similar to this yesterday that i am ...
- English - Hi there could you help me with this question from the novel to kill a...
- English! Pleease help - Hey guys this is about my previous question: I have ...
- Algebra - I know that I posted a similar question yesterday, but I am still ...
- English - write an essay in which you analyze the importance of plot event and ...
- Walk to moons - 10.Read the following passage from walk to moons “Everybody is ...
- History - Can someone please help me with these four questions? My first is to ...
- english 2 - i need to write an essay on TO KILL MOCKINGBIRD, and the topic is; "...
- Natural Science - Discuss :The impact of technology in terms of cultural ...
- Hydrology - I am having difficulty analyzing my lab data. I don't know whether ...