Posted by Amanda on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 1:07pm.
How do states handle access to non-identifying information for a party to an adoption?
A. All states allow access to such information to anyone interested in it.
B. All states allow an adoptive parent or a guardian of an adoptee to access
C. No state has the power to restrict such information.
D. No state permits access to such information without a court order
All states and American Samoa have provisions in statute
that allow access to non-identifying information by an
adoptive parent or a guardian of an adopted person who
is still a minor. Nearly all states allow the adopted person
to have access to non-identifying information about birth
relatives, generally upon written request. The adopted person
must be an adult, usually at least 18 years of age, before he
or she may access this information.
I think the answer would be (B) but not sure.
- Health - Jen, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 1:14pm
I believe B is the correct response, this is what I found
Registries allow adopted adults, birth parents, and sometimes birth siblings and adoptive parents to consent or not consent to have their identifying information released. Registry procedures vary greatly from State to State.
- Health - Amanda, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 1:17pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- health - How do states handle access to non-identifying information for a party ...
- allied health - if disclosure of PHI is permitted under HIPAA, what is disclosed...
- 5 - What can architects do to help promote physical activity initiatives? A. ...
- confidentiality of health information - Joe researcher asks for access to ...
- law...? - Hi, l'm wondering, what are laws about assisted suicide and euthanasia...
- history - why was the Open Door Policy important to the United States? a. it ...
- history/MS.SUE - Ms.Sue please check this why was the Open Door Policy important...
- English - 1. Fifty states make up the U.S.A. 2. Fifty states compose the U.S.A. ...
- Statistics - In his management information systems textbook,Professor David ...
- statistics - . In his management information systems textbook, Professor David ...