Posted by Amanda on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 12:31pm.
Which one of the following activities is considered part of health care operations?
A. Reviewing the competency of health care workers
B. Administering a stress test
C. Giving a patient her prescribed medication
D. Recording a patient’s blood pressure and temperature
I think (A)
Health care operations are certain administrative, financial,
legal, and quality improvement activities of a covered entity
that are necessary to run its business and to support the
core functions of treatment and payment. These activities,
which are limited to the activities listed in the definition of
“health care operations” at 45 CFR 164.501, include
1. Conducting quality assessment and improvement
activities, population-based activities relating to
improving health or reducing health care costs, and
case management and care coordination
2. Reviewing the competence or qualifications of health care
professionals, evaluating provider and health plan performance,
training health care and non–health care
professionals, accreditation, certification, licensing, or
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- allied health part 2 - which one of the following activities is considered part ...
- HEALTH - 1)What is a doctor's responsibility if a patient requests restrictions ...
- health - Identify three different types of health care workers who provide ...
- health care - Write a 350- to 700-word paper in APA format describing two ...
- Health care - Write a 350- to 700-word paper in APA format describing two ...
- confidentiality in allied health - which one of the following activities is ...
- Health - Which of the following is a legitimate and stated use of health ...
- iNTRO TO HEALTH CARE - Mary Happens is an 82-year-old Hispanic patient who has ...
- 210 - describe two approaches or indicators to measuring patient outcomes.. ...
- Com220 - Measuring the quality of care is essential to being able to identify ...