Tuesday
March 28, 2017

Post a New Question

Posted by on .

At home where do you have to be aware of the dangers of explosion and why? Which "factor" is responsible for the explosion danger?

I htink the answer is the kitchen if you leave on a gas stove, but I'm not sure why... I think you can say that the propane is flamable, but then, wouldn't that be the reason for the explosion danger? I just don't think the kitchen is the correct answer.

  • Chemistry - ,

    I don't know how to answer the question because I don't know what the question means. Yes, the kitchen is a possibility because of an open or a leaky gas operated stove; however, many homes use electric stoves. I heat my whole house with natural gas and a leak in that system posses the same danger but it's throughout the house. I also have a natural gas clothes dryer and a leaky fixture causes problems there, too. Gasoline for lawn mowers stored in the garage, especially if the garage is enclosed, poses a real threat. Most people don't store the gasoline out side as they should. I sometimes worry about my car and that 20 gallon gas tank full of gasoline but I don't know of any mishaps from that. I don't know that any of this will be a help but use what you wish.

  • Chemistry - ,

    I would agree with you about the kitchen, but heating might be another source.

Answer This Question

First Name:
School Subject:
Answer:

Related Questions

More Related Questions

Post a New Question