Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 11:48am.
I have a math CRCT test today and I needed some help on a last minute review problem.
Can someone please explain how to solve this?
Algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 11:51am
add the x's and "move" the constants to the other side ---->
12x+6x = 31 + 3 + 2
18x = 36
divide both sides by 18
18x/18 = 36/18
x = 2
Algebra - PsyDAG, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 11:52am
Combine like terms.
18x -5 = 31
Add 5 to both sides.
18x = 36
Divide by 18.
x = 2
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Algebra - mysterychicken, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 11:52am
Thanks! I realllyyy hope I pass this!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra......Help Quick!! - 12a^3bc-18a^2bc^2+6a^2c, x^2+20x+36, 12x^4-8x^3-4x^2...
- Algebra II- please help! - I just cannot seem to be able to grasp the concept of...
- Algebra, explain? - So I have to solve this problem 9a=6(a+4) And then I wrote ...
- algebra - Can someone please help me with this math problem? Thanks. Let g(x)=x^...
- algebra - 2x+(x-y)^3 when x=9 and y=7 This problem is from a test review sheet (...
- Algebra - Solve by substitution or elimination method: 4x – 5y = 14 -12x + 15y...
- algebra 1b - i need help!!!!!!!!!!!! Please post your problem and your attempts ...
- 5th Grade Math - I need help on how to figure out compund area of a shape. I ...
- Math (just need some help) - Solve the system using an augmented matrix. -x-3y=-...
- Algebra - Please help me with this Algebra problem: The length of a rectangle is...