Posted by Lemar on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 6:35pm.
I'm having problems with this question, to tell you the truth I don't understand the problem.
Andrew is considering building a clubhouse in the shape of a rectangle. His sketch of the clubhouse is.... (its a drawing of a rectangle with 8 ft at the top and 4 ft on the left end)What would the area of the clobhouse be? I answer 24 ft.
The next question asked ....
on one wall of the clubhouse,Andrwe wants to cut a large circular opening to be a window. The circle radiusis 2 ft. What will the circle circumference be? (This is what i don't understand) Please help me!!
Math - Riley, Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 6:46pm
cirsumference of a circle equals 2*pie*radius
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 6:48pm
If the clubhouse is 8 feet by 4 feet, the area wouldn't be 24 feet.
8 * 4 = ?? sq. feet
To find the circumference, multiply Pi times the diameter.
C = 3.14 * 4
C = ??
Math - Lemar, Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 7:19pm
by multiplying 8 by 4 is 32ft?
C = 1256
if this is the right answer, I still confused, please help me understand
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 7:23pm
Yes. The area of the clubhouse is 32 square feet.
But you're way off on the circumference. Where does the decimal point go?
Math - Lemar, Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 7:32pm
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 7:38pm
Right. The circumference of the circle is 12.56 feet.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 7/10 of the people in the clubhouse are adults. If there are 48 more ...
- Chemistry - I'm having difficulty on drawing lewis dot structures for certain ...
- Algebra II Honors - There are some interesting special cases in which the graphs...
- geometry - Carlos want to show a rectangle in his drawing. What dotes he have to...
- chemistry 12 - hey i was wondering, i have this question: Sketch a pH curve for ...
- Physics - Repost - I am reposting the this question. Find the current in the 10....
- Calculus - Hi there,could you help me with the following questions; 1.) Analyze ...
- Physics - Please Help!!!! Find the current in the 10.0 ohm resistor in the ...
- math - Marco is making a scale drawing of a building. The scale for the drawing ...
- Calculus - "A rectangle is inscribed in a semicircle of radius 2 cm. Find the ...