Posted by didi on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 5:10pm.
explain the importance of the language of the romans?
- social studies - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 5:16pm
The Romans spoke Latin and spread it around Europe. The language was changed some and became the romance languages, primarily French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and Romanian. They all have their roots in Latin. In addition, many English words come from Latin. If you browse in a dictionary -- you'll find a lot of our words with Latin bases. Also -- our scientific names come from the Latin.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - I have read through my text book for school but can not find ...
- social studies - Explain the importance of accommodations to the tourism ...
- Genetics - explain the importance of making proteins fluoresce. Explain the ...
- social studies - How did the geography help the romans prosper?
- Social studies - How did geography help the romans prosper
- Social Studies - what year were england and romans invaded?
- social studies - Why did art have a religious significance to the Romans?
- social studies - romans were made up of threr different groups of people. who
- Social Studies - Why did art have a religious significance to the ancient Romans...
- Social Studies - This is for a Latin class, but as it has nothing to do with the...