Here are several websites from which you should be able to get ideas. You'll need to keep the children's ages in mind as you choose and/or adapt. Check out ALL the links in each site; you never know where a good idea will come from!
(This may or may not be helpful, but check it out anyway.)
http://bettereflteacher.blogspot.com/ (Check out the links and archives, too.)
such as http://bettereflteacher.blogspot.com/2008/08/teaching-english-as-foreign-language.html
Considering the age of the students and the attention span of that age group, keep it lively and fast-paced. Has your class covered TPR (Total Physical Response) at all? That would cover the 3 basic learning-styles: visual (you need to SEE what you want to learn), auditory (you need to HEAR what you want to learn ) and kinesthetic (you need to be physically involved to learn), understanding that many people are a combination of those learning styles.
With breakfast as the topic, you might even set a table (teaching the utensils, etc.) and "serve" a typical breakfast. Begin now collecting the props you need. I had boxes of things to use, because they were easy to stack and store and were organized by theme. Don't be afraid to use your imagination and yes, the song idea is great.
Here are some ESL sites with ideas:
1. Dave's ESL ideas: http://www.eslcafe.com/ideas/
2. Resources, even employment: http://esl.about.com/od/teachingenglish/Teaching_English_Techniques_Resources_Certificates_Employment.htm
3. ESL for young learners 5-18: http://esl.about.com/od/teachingchildren/Teaching_Children_ESL_Young_Learners_ESL.htm
4. I'm not an artist so I also had a collection I laminated on 8-1/2 X 11 colored paper of pictures I had collected from old magazines. Here is something you can copy and use, either on flash-cards (large enough to see) or ve blow them up size-wise:
5. Food #2: (Broken Link Removed)
6. Games, etc.: http://www.manythings.org/
7. ESL printables: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=64626
8. An exercise you can use with students in pairs (A/B): http://www.esldiscussions.com/b/breakfast.html
9. Kid's stuff: http://www.eslkidstuff.com/
10. Sites for teachers: http://www.sitesforteachers.com/
11. Music activities: http://www.esl-galaxy.com/music.htm
12. Freebies: http://www.teachchildrenesl.com/
Whatever you do, try to reach all 5 senses: sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell. You could make a BINGO card with pictures of the vocabulary. Someone is coming this morning so I have to go but when I have time later today, I'll give you a cooperative learning group activity for Breakfast.
thank you:) I'll be here all day long!
English - 1. The next few years, you are growing in and out. 2. During the next ...
English - Hello everybody! Next week I have to teach English (as a foreign ...
English - What is the verb? My calendar shows that I have to see the Dentist ...
English-teaching - Hello! Do you have any ideas on what to give to the rest of ...
Math_ Intergers - On Tuesday teh temperature changes -2 degrees F perhour from ...
English - Hello! On Monday I am teaching English to 8th graders. There will be a...
English - Hello! I am teaching English to 8th graders next week (they are ...
math - the temperture was 80 degrees F at noon on tuesday the temperture changed...
English Grammar - e.g. Reciting what I have to teach is a good way of preparing ...
English - Type the correct pronoun in the box. Each of the students must give ...