Posted by history on Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 8:07pm.
in Baker v. Carr the Court declared that congressional districts had to be apportioned on the basis of
a. one person, one vote
b. the desires of the party in power
c. long-standing practice
d. a loose construction of the Constitution
the Weathermen alarmed most Americans because of their
a. march on the Pentagon
b. violent tactics
c. ideas about the country
d. angry speeches
many Republicans in the Senate objected to Article 10 of the plan for the League of Nations because they feared that
a. the cost would be too high
b. the nation would be dragged into foreign wars
c. Russia would join the League
d. Germany would rebuild its military power
why were magazine stories such as the Ragged Dick series so popular?
a. they engaged in yellow journalism
b. they described how wealthy American lived
c. they appealed to Americans' hopes and dreams
d. they explored popular sports, such as baseball
the Warren Commission declared that the Kennedy assassination
a. was the act of a single man
b. was part of a larger conspiracy
c. resulted from poor security
d. could have been avoided
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- governemtn - Explain why the Baker v. Carr case and the Westbury v. Sanders ...
- American Gov't--please check - How are the numbers of electors for each state ...
- government but a check - is this right i choose c. most u.s single member ...
- U.S. Government - 1. Amendment -- gave all men the right to vote regardless of ...
- History - Could someone explain the concept of judicial review and its impact on...
- US History - I still don't know about these and I realllyy need to finish this ...
- American Gov't--please check - In _____, the Supreme Court placed limits on ...
- Government - The chairmen of congressional commitees are chosen by a. the vote ...
- government - the chairmen of congressional committees are chosen by a. the vote ...
- Government - Suppose major officeholders from one particular party are not ...