Posted by John on Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 9:33pm.
Are you scared?
Are you frightened?
Are you worried?
Are you stunned?
(Are they all the same? Can we use all the expressions?)
1. Don't make noises.
2. Don't make a noise.
3. Don't make noise.
4. Don't make much noise.
5. Dpn't make many noises.
(Which ones are right?)
- English - Kara, Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 9:50pm
The first 4 are all the same and you can you use all of them.
1, 3, 4, 5 sound right but you have a typo in 5 Don't
- English - PsyDAG, Friday, April 17, 2009 at 12:53pm
1 suggests that the person was making a variety of noises that you want to be limited.
2 indicates that you want him to be silent, as does 3.
4 suggests that some noise is permitted, but not much. Usually it would be "Don't make too much noise."
5 sounds like the person was making various sound effects, and you want him to limit them to a few. "You can bark like a dog or mew like a cat, but don't moo, baa or cluck."
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Don't make a nooise. 2. Don't make noise. (Which one is correct? ...
- English - 1. He should not make a noise. 2. He should not make noise. 3. He ...
- English - 1. They made too many noises in the laboratory. 2. The boy made too ...
- English - 1. I'm worried about my new school. Why don't you join a club? Why don...
- English - 1. Please make yourself at home. 2. Please make yourself comfortable. ...
- reading - we all know that babies make funny sounds. Little by little, babies ...
- English - 1. I can't put off that noise. 2. I can't tolerate that noise. 3. I ...
- English - 1. You should mime the picture and make your classmates guess what it ...
- English expression - 1. Make groups of two. 2. Work in pairs. 3. Work in twos. 4...
- English - What makes our earth sick? - Steel cans make the earth sick. - Shampoo...