Posted by John on Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 7:33pm.
1. He is using the computer.
2. He is working on the computer.
3. He is working at the computer.
(Which one is correct? What is the corrct preposition?)
4. The round trip air fare is one of the cheapest one.
5. The one way ticket to the country is very expensive.
6. The plane will be convenient because I have to pay expensive air fare.
7. The Korean Air Line is not so expensive, but, anyway, we have to pay about 800,000 won for round trip air fare.
(Would you check the english expressions, please?>)
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 8:18pm
1-3 - All are correct.
4 - OK except for the last word -- should be "ones."
5 - the word "one-way" needs a hyphen
6 - OK
7 - Remove "The" before "Korean" and the comma after "but" - everything else is fine.
- English - SraJMcGin, Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 8:21pm
In #1, if he is using the computer, he is "typing" so to speak. If he is working on the computer he may be doing the same thing OR he is fixing some part of the computer.
4. "one" of implies the noun must be plural = one of the cheapest ones. And "round-trip" is hyphenated when used as an adjective.
5. also "one-way " modifying the noun "ticket."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Let's write down what you can do with the computer. 1. I use the ...
- English - 1. I will have to purchase a new computer 2. I was informed that ...
- english - 1. I will have to purchase a new computer 2. I was informed that ...
- Technology in the classroom - What is the ideal computer arrangement to use when...
- Statistics - Hello Can you help me It is reported that 72% of working women use...
- English - 1. I use the computer to make files with Power point. 2. I use the ...
- English - 1. I saved the file on the computer. 2. I saved the file in the ...
- COMPUTER. - If you are working in an environment that requires the fastest ...
- Education technology - Which of the following is a sign that your computer may ...
- Science - Which most resembles a scientific model? A) computer keyboard B) ...