Posted by John on Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 2:34am.
1. The second seed came out of the earth.
2. The second seed came out of the Earth.
(Which one is correct? Do I have to use 'earth' or 'Earth'?)
3. I felt to get up early.
3-1. I felt getting up early.
3-2. I felt like getting up early.
3-3. I felt that I had to get up early.
(Which one is correct? What expressions can we use with 'felt'?)
4. The song feels nice and the flower smells beautiful.
(Is this sentence correct?)
5. Please meet Tom.
5-1. Let me introduce Tom to you.
(I know that 5 and 5-1 is the same? Why is that? Why is 5 the same as 5-1?)
6. You grew so much the last few days.
(Is 'the last few days' an adverbial phrase? Which preposition is missing before the last few days?)
- English - GuruBlue, Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 8:30am
1&2. Earth is correct if you are talking about the planet. "earth" is correct if you are talking about just plain dirt.
3-2 and 3-3 are correct but have different meanings.
I felt like getting up early - indicates that you wanted to do that.
I felt that I had to get up early -
indicates that it was required.
4. That is not correct.
5."meet" and "introduce" are synonyms used in that context.
6. Yes, it is an adverbial phrase. You can add the prepositions "over" or "during". However, you also need to
change the verb to "have grown" since it is a continuing action.
Answer this Question
- English - 1. I feel painful in the stomach. 1-1. I feel painful on the stomach...
- Physics - Two meteoroids 250,000 km from Earth are moving at 2.1 km/s. Meteor ...
- physics - Two meteoroids 250,000 km from Earth are moving at 2.1 km/s. Meteor ...
- Astro - What is the distance in meters from the Earth's center to a point out-...
- physics - Find the distance (measured in earth radii, RE) from the center of the...
- math/physics - Help! I have no idea how to do this. The earth's orbit is nearly ...
- Physics - At the heighest point on earth, the distance to the center of the ...
- Science - Luis wanted to create a clay model of earth and the sun. To show how ...
- physics - As you walked on the moon, the earth’s gravity would still pull on you...
- Physics - The mean radius of the Earth is R=6.38x10^6m. At what distance above ...