Posted by Sabrina on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 10:38am.
According to the New York Times/CBS poll of March, 2005, 87% agreed that it should be the government's responsibility to provide a decent standard of living for the elderly, and 54% agreed that it would be a good idea to invest part of their Social Security taxes on their own.
What is the smallest percentage of people who could have agreed with both statements?
What is the largest percentage of people who could have agreed with both statements?
- COLLEGE MATH. Please Help - Reiny, Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 11:06am
perhaps I am missing something but
wouldn't the smallest percentage possible of people agreeing with both statements be 0% ?
and the largest percentage possible agreeing with both parts be 54% ?
- COLLEGE MATH. Please Help - Sabrina, Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 11:11am
The 54% is correct but it says the smallest percent is incorrect
- COLLEGE MATH. Please Help - Reiny, Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 11:23am
n(A or B) = n(A) + n(B) - n(A and B)
= .87 + .54 - n(A and B)
= 1.41 - n(A and B)
since we can't go over 100%
the n(A and B) must be .41 or 41% ????
- COLLEGE MATH. Please Help - Sabrina, Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 11:32am
yes that is correct. thank you!
- COLLEGE MATH. Please Help - Anita, Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 6:59pm
I need help in graphing this function in Ms Excel by plot in points in the chart in part b and label the axes?
with the time on the x-axis and population on the y-axisb) Fill in the following chart. Round to the nearest whole person when necessary.
Year (t) Population (P)
t = 0
(2010) 6,000 7,000 8,000 9,000
t = 1
(2011) 3,000 3,500 4,000 4,500
t = 2
(2012) 2,000 2,334 2,667 3,000
t = 3
(2013) 1,500 1,750 2,000 2,250
t = 6
(2016) 857 1,000 1,143 1,286
c) Use your equation from part a) to approximate how many years it would take for the population to reach 400. Round to two decimal places if necessary.
Answer: t = 14 years t = 16.5 years t = 19 years t = 21.5 years
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- College MATH - According to the New York Times/CBS poll of March, 2005, 87% ...
- statistics - A CBS/New York Times poll found that 350 out of 757 adults said ...
- Government - I am looking for help. I have read this article in the New York ...
- English - 1. We know him to live in New York. 1-1. He is known to live in New ...
- MATH - According to an informal poll in Glenview, 1/3 of the men and 2/3 of the ...
- Math PLEASE HELP!!!! - In march 2005,about 35,200,000 immigrants were recorded ...
- history - what responsibility, (if any), does the government have toward the ...
- L A - What is the prepositional phrase? 1: Our soccer team 2:practices three ...
- Job: Quick Question - Hello, I am a college student who is currently living in ...
- college microeconomics - An article in the journal of New York State Economics ...