Posted by history on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 6:03pm.
please check these
1. in 1992, Carol Moseley-Braun became the first African American woman to
a. run for Vice President
b. be appointed to the Supreme Court
c. be named Attorney General
d. win election to the United States Senate
2. In their 1994 Contract with America, Republicans pledged to
a. renew the "Star Wars" initiative
b. end federal welfare spending entirely
c. balance the budget
d. increase taxes
3. In foreign affairs, perhaps Nixon's greateast accomplishment was
a. abandoning realpolitik, or practical politics
b. bringing about detente with the Soviet Union and with China
c. establsihing the People's Republic of China
d. ending the Vietnam War with a resounding American victory
4. To which groups did George Wallace target his campaign?
a. southerners and blue-collar voters
b. Republicans and left-leaning Democrats
c. campus radicals and antiwar forces
d. professors and editorials writers
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- American History - Which of the following occurred in the presidential election ...
- Constitution... multiple choice - Please help me because I cannot find any of ...
- Government Check - 1.)The President's power to veto congressional legislation ...
- History - Who became the first African American to play and win Wimbledon and ...
- U.S. History - 1.) How did Bush v. Gore affect national politics? a.) It called ...
- American Politics - A few questions that I can't find answers to in the book: ...
- History - Could someone explain the concept of judicial review and its impact on...
- History - Q: Which governmental position was NOT held by James F. Byrnes? ...
- civics - Please check my answers! 1. The Nineteenth Amendment granted women the ...
- am i right? :/ ss - 1. Why did African American urban communities develop? (...