Posted by Noelle on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 5:45pm.
What does the word "predominant" mean? Oh and please don't give me a website with some big def. I am in 6th grade so I won't understand if the def. is big and long. It also helps if you use it in a sentence . . . just saying. :-D
Thanks so much!
- 6th grade vocab - Writeacher, Monday, April 13, 2009 at 5:48pm
1. Having greatest ascendancy, importance, influence, authority, or force. See synonyms at dominant.
2. Most common or conspicuous; main or prevalent: the predominant color in a design.
In other words, having greater importance or influence or force over other things in its classification (Example: The "ayes" were predominant, and the motion passed.)
- 6th grade vocab - sofia, Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 7:49pm
i doont know waht substancial and bravado mean can u pls help mr thxs
- 6th grade vocab - swag master, Friday, May 30, 2014 at 1:41am
- 6th grade vocab - t aylor, Monday, September 22, 2014 at 10:23pm
look it up in the dictionary
- 6th grade vocab - muntaser, Monday, December 21, 2015 at 12:31pm
the predominant color of the desert is yellow
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade - Do you have online readings and questions for my son, who is in 6th ...
- Math - At Jefferson School, both 6th grade & 7th grade classes take a math test...
- equation 6th grade - i am in the 6th and learning but stuck on this big one. ...
- Good Reads? 6th and 7th grade - Please. I need a list of Non-fiction books ...
- 6th grade math - does the word difference mean minus and if so..... am i correct...
- geometry - In the accompanying diagram, triangle ABCis similar to triangle DEF...
- 6th grade Reading - Worksheet for An Ant's Life and The Best School Year Ever ...
- Math 6th grade - Can you give me a word problem for 11/12 / 1/4?
- math - angle ABC and DEF are supplementary angles. the measure of DEF is 20 ...
- algebra - Triangles ABC and DEF are similar. Find the perimeter of triangle DEF...