Posted by sabrina on Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 3:06pm.
Assignment: Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration
Energy acquisition is essential for all life. Whether the organism is classified as plant or animal, single-celled or multi-cellular, the exchange of energy and the formation of products consist of a series of chemical reactions that occur at the cellular level.
Resources: Ch. 10 and pp. 422-436 in Bioinquiry, Appendix E, and the student companion Web site
Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
Review the following activities:
o Section 10.4: How Do Organisms Acquire Energy?
Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Matrix
Complete the matrix. Use the following questions to aid in completion:
• What is the purpose of this pathway?
• Reactants: What does this reaction need to proceed?
• Products: What is produced because of the reaction?
• The role of ATP: Does it supply energy or store energy?
Cellular respiration Photosynthesis
Pathway Glycolysis Krebs Cycle Electron Transport Light-dependent reaction Light-independent reaction
Purpose Provide energy for the light-independent reaction
Where it takes place Cell cytoplasm Mitochondria
Reactants ATP, carbon dioxide, and NADPH
Products Carbon dioxide and ATP
The role of ATP Transports solar energy in the form of ATP to power other chemical reactions
- bio - Ms. Sue, Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 3:36pm
How would you like us to help you?
We don't have access to any of those materials.
- bio - sabrina, Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 5:14pm
All i need is what is the purpose, where it takes place, reactantans and products of each. they are glycolysis, krebs cycle, electron transport, light- dependent reaction, and light independent reaction.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - 4. Assignment: Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Powerpoint ...
- biology:cells - which of the following is not true? a. ATP is formed during ...
- 8th Grade Science - There is a connection between photosynthesis and cellular ...
- BIO - How are photosynthesis and cellular respiration related ? A)Cellular ...
- 8th-g Science: Need help to check answer!!! - Since I will have a science test ...
- Biology - Hi Im just wondering what are the similarites and differences between ...
- science - Which of the following is true? ( a ) when plant is kept in sunlight ,...
- Biology - What is the overall chemical formula for photosynthsis? 6Co2+6H2O---&...
- biology - Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis co-exist as paired metabolic ...
- Biology - Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis co-exist as paired metabolic ...