Posted by MAKITA on Friday, April 10, 2009 at 11:57pm.
1.)Find the exact solution algebriacally, if possible:
(PLEASE SHOW ALL STEPS)
sin 2x - sin x = 0
2.) GIVEN: sin u = 3/5, 0 < u < ï/2
Find the exact values of: sin 2u, cos 2u and tan 2u
using the double-angle formulas.
3.)Use the half-angle formulas to determine the exact values of sine, cosine, and tangent of the angle: 15° .
4.) Use the sum-to-product formulas to find the exact value of the expression:
sin 195°+ sin 105°
5.) Verify the identity algebraically:
(cos 4x - cos 2x)/2 sin 3x = -sin x
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
MATH - MAKITA, Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 12:01am
CORRECTION FOR NUMBER 2! THE PI SYMBOL DIDN'T SHOW UP.
GIVEN: sin u = 3/5, 0 < u < pi/2
AND BTW, THAT "PLEASE SHOW ALL STEPS" IS FOR EACH PROBLEM. :)
MATH - Reiny, Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 12:10am
sin 2x - sin x = 0
I assume from the questions, that you are familiar with the common identities.
Also you don't state a domain, so I will asuume 0 ≤ x ≤ 2pi
2sinxcos - sinx = 0
sinx(2cosx - 1) = 0
sinx = 0 or cosx = 1/2
from sinx = 0 , x = 0,pi,2pi
from cosx = 1/2, x must be in quadrants I or IV, so x = pi/3 or x = (2pi-pi/3) = 5pi/3
#2, you should recognize the 3,4,5 triangle and since u is in the first quadrant, cos u = 4/5 and tanu = 3/4
Now use your double angle formulas to find sin 2u etc.
Hint 15º = 45º - 30º
= sin45cos30 - cos45sin30
= √2/2(√3/2) - √2/2(1/2) = (√6 - √2)/4
always check these with a calculator
now do the cosine and the tangent in a similar way.
MATH - Reiny, Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 12:15am
#4 hint: 195+105 = 300
195 - 105 = 90 mmmmhhhh!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- tigonometry - expres the following as sums and differences of sines or cosines ...
- algebra - Can someone please help me do this problem? That would be great! ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- Calculus 12th grade (double check my work please) - 1.)Find dy/dx when y= Ln (...
- math - Eliminate the parameter (What does that mean?) and write a rectangular ...
- Math - Evaluate *Note - We have to find the exact value of these. That I know to...
- math - Determine all the possible values of x where 0 deg is more than or equal ...
- math - use exact values of the sin,cos and tan of (pi/3) and (pi/6)(which I ...
- math - Can you please check my work. A particle is moving with the given data. ...