Posted by claire on Thursday, April 9, 2009 at 11:49am.
4 numbers are drawn at random from 10 tiles numbered 0-9. what are the odds of drawing numbers 1-4 in any order.
the question is confusing me
math - Reiny, Thursday, April 9, 2009 at 1:41pm
the prob you will pick a correct first number = 4/10
the prob that the second one is correct = 3/9
so the prob of drawing a 1,2,3, and 4
= (4/10)(3/)(2/8)(1/7) = 1/210
total number of ways of 'choosing' 4 specifics form 10 is C(10,4) = 210
only one of these will be the correct choice we want.
so prob = 1/120
math - Reiny, Thursday, April 9, 2009 at 1:44pm
line << = (4/10)(3/)(2/8)(1/7) = 1/210 >>
= (4/10)(3/9)(2/8)(1/7) = 1/210
and it looks like a transposed the digits in the last line
so prob = 1/210
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre Algebra - Four numbers are drawn from random tiles numbereed 0 through 9. ...
- math - A card is drawn at random from an ordinary deck of playing cards. Find ...
- math/probability - Hi. I have an answer for this question however, not sure. In ...
- math - In the SmallState Lottery, three white balls are drawn (at random) from ...
- Math - In the SmallState Lottery, three white balls are drawn (at random) from ...
- Math - If I have cards numbered 1 through 40 and I randomly draw 3 then replace ...
- Math: please check - A card is drawn at random from an ordinary deck of playing ...
- geometry - HELP.... In a certain lottery, 3 numbers between 1 and 9 inclusive ...
- Math - In a certain lottery, five different numbers between 1 and 30 inclusive ...
- Math (Combinatorics) - A lottery ball drawing machine has 50 balls, each labeled...