Posted by Kara on Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 3:23pm.
There are many potential elements that need to be considered before the main root to war being beneficial is found.
I wrote this sentence is there another way to re-word it so it can sound stronger (using the same basic idea that I had)
English- Sentence Structure - Writeacher, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 3:47pm
The problems in this sentence are these:
1. "There are many potential elements that need ..."
Reworded -- Many elementas need to be considered...
2. "the main root to war"
Reworded -- the main cause of war
3. "war being beneficial"
Reworded -- as a beneficial human activity
Now ... you do all the rewording to put all that together. Work on using FEWER words than in your original sentence. It's too wordy, for one thing.
English- Sentence Structure - Kara, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 4:06pm
Everybody has their own perspective of war as being a beneficial human activity. Many elements need to be considered before the main root principle of war is recognized.
How do I fix the pronoun agreement mistake? (Everybody has their) I got marked down for this last time. Help is appreciated
English- Sentence Structure - Writeacher, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 5:31pm
How about this?
Everybody has his/her own perspective of war as being a beneficial human activity.
All people have their own perspectives of war as being a beneficial human activity.
English- Sentence Structure - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 2:34pm
Neither the searing pain in my toe nor the blinding rain in my face will keep me from finishing the race.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English/Grammar - In an essay I recently wrote, I wrote the following two ...
- Ms. Sue English - For my last point before i explain my root principle fear (the...
- English (quick Sentence) - Hi Teachers, I wrote a sentence in which i think has ...
- english - i need a sentence with two single word modifiers using the word banner...
- English - I need to make a sentence using the word lechery. I have no idea how ...
- english intro - What is war? Is it good or is it bad? War is defined in many ...
- English & Verbs - Verbs have totally escaped my mind at the moment. I need help ...
- medical language - B. Define the following words or word parts. -ad -ior -ics ...
- English 102 - I am not asking anyone to do my homework, i am just asking for ...
- English assignment - I'm trying to introduce dishonesty around the world in my ...