Posted by Rae Rae on Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 2:50pm.
I do not understand special factors, the teacher on Friday tried to explain in to me in class but she went so fast, and every time we complain that we don't understand it she gets mad. So could someone please help me with at least one problem so I can understand it better, and please explain it step by step.
Directions: Determine whether each trinomial is a perfect square trinomial. If so factor it.
- Algebra (Does any one understand special factors)? - Chopstick, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 3:22pm
I think its a perfect square trionomial because you can square 4^2 to get 16 and 8^2 to get 64
(x - 8)(x - 8 )
- Algebra (Does any one understand special factors)? - Reiny, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 3:54pm
the first and last terms must be perfect squares, and they must both be positive
the square root of the first term times the square root of the last term, then doubled, should be equal to the middle term.
25x^2 + 60xy + 36y^2
square root of first: 5x
square root of last : 6y
doubled: 60xy , so YES
x^4 - 10x^2 + 25
square root of first: x^2
square root of last: 5
product : 5x^2
doubled : 10x^2, YES!
does that make sense?
Answer this Question
- teacher aide - Public law 94-142 mandates that A schools must transport students...
- Math - I have more i dont understand?? Use the distributive property of ...
- Dilution - What volume of H2O should be added to 500 ML of a 1.0 mol/L CuSO4 ...
- math - how often does a leap year occur? what are al the prime numbers less then...
- AED 222 - Can anyone please help me on this. I am having trouble trying to ...
- psychiatry - Can someone help me to understand physical factors, and ...
- Business Computer Information Systems - In 3–5 sentences, discuss special ...
- AED / ASAP PLEASE - this is my DQ 1: What are some factors that contribute to ...
- bobpursley - I dont really understand what you mean by "factors"... factors of 2...
- Subjects and Prepositions. - What is the compound or simple subject and ...