Posted by Rae Rae on Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 2:50pm.
I do not understand special factors, the teacher on Friday tried to explain in to me in class but she went so fast, and every time we complain that we don't understand it she gets mad. So could someone please help me with at least one problem so I can understand it better, and please explain it step by step.
Directions: Determine whether each trinomial is a perfect square trinomial. If so factor it.
- Algebra (Does any one understand special factors)? - Chopstick, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 3:22pm
I think its a perfect square trionomial because you can square 4^2 to get 16 and 8^2 to get 64
(x - 8)(x - 8 )
- Algebra (Does any one understand special factors)? - Reiny, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 3:54pm
the first and last terms must be perfect squares, and they must both be positive
the square root of the first term times the square root of the last term, then doubled, should be equal to the middle term.
25x^2 + 60xy + 36y^2
square root of first: 5x
square root of last : 6y
doubled: 60xy , so YES
x^4 - 10x^2 + 25
square root of first: x^2
square root of last: 5
product : 5x^2
doubled : 10x^2, YES!
does that make sense?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - Hi, I'm having a really hard time understanding this concept. I...
- Math - I have more i don't understand?? Use the distributive property of ...
- Business Computer Information Systems - In 3–5 sentences, discuss special ...
- Algebra - who ever will help me I do not understand this problem? Solve each ...
- Math - I don't understand how to do this, I would appreciate if someone could ...
- Dilution - What volume of H2O should be added to 500 ML of a 1.0 mol/L CuSO4 ...
- teacher aide - Public law 94-142 mandates that A schools must transport students...
- psychiatry - Can someone help me to understand physical factors, and ...
- Science one question dont understand plz help ASAP - What will my instruments ...
- Counting and Probability - We call a number special if every digit in the number...