Posted by Raana on Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 12:00pm.
The Norman Automatic mailer Machine Company is planning to expand production. The expansion will cost $2000,000, which can either be financed by bonds at an interest rate of 12 percent or by selling 40,000 shares of common stock at $50 per share. The current income statement before expansion is as follows:
Norman Automatic Mailer
Variable Costs (40%) 1,200,000
Contribution margin 1,800,000
Fixed Costs 800,000
earnings before interest and taxes 1000,000
interest expense 400,000
Earnings beofre tax 600,000
taxes @ 34% 204,000
earnings after tax $396,000
earnings per share $3.96
After the expansion sales are expected to increase by 1,500,000. Variable Costs will remain at 40 percent of sales, and fixed costs will increase to $550,000. The tax rate is 34 percent.
a) construct the income statement for the two financial plans.
b) calculate the degree of operating leverage, the degree of financial leverage, and the degree of combined leverage, after expansion for the two financing plans
c) calculate the ebit/eps indifference point.
d) explain which plan you favor and the risks involved.
formulas: DOL= CM/EBIT
DCL= DOL * DFL
indifference point= (S(B) * I(A)- S(A) * I(B) / S(B) - S(A)
I is interet costs under plan A and B
S is shares Outstanding under plan A and B
- Finance - history, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 12:03pm
this is yusra :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Finance - 10. The following balance sheet extract relates to the ABC Company. ...
- Finance - The following balance sheet extract relates to the Allied Insurance ...
- finance - Wheeler Corporation is planning to expand its business and needs $30,...
- Finance - You are provided the following information on a company. The total ...
- financial management - Wheeler Corporation is planning to expand its business ...
- Finance - United Technology Corporation (UTC) has $40 million of convertible ...
- Finance - 3. Given the following information for Janicek Power Co., find the ...
- Finance Challenge - The new RDS project is somewhat riskier than a typical ...
- finance - Kuai, I need help in this part: Debt: 227,000 7.4 percent coupon bonds...
- accounting - Bond Conversion The tramot corporation has $2,000,000 of 6 percent ...