Posted by Angie on Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 10:10pm.
how old is a mammoth's tusk if there is only 25 percent C-14 remaining in the sample?
- science - bobpursley, Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 10:26pm
Half disappeared in one half-life.
Half that remaining disappeared in the next half-life.
- science - Angie, Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 10:44pm
..what does that mean?
- science - PsyDAG, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 12:40pm
Knowing the half-life of C-14 would allow you to take twice the half-life.
From searching the Internet under "C-14 half life", I found that the half-life of Carbon 14 is 5730 years.
This should help a little more. Thanks for asking.
- science - steve vincent, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 5:09pm
- Chemistry - Oscar, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 8:34pm
B. 11400 years
- science - Sally, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 10:26pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - carbon 14 has a hlf life of 5700 years. scientists use this fact to ...
- Science - Can anyone help me find the half-life of strontium-90? I also need an ...
- Math! Please check! - Which of the following is a good definition? A: You are a ...
- Math - 2x represents that Clyde is twice (2 times) as old as Bonnie. 6 years ...
- Geometry - Which statement is a good definition? You are a teenager if and only ...
- Financial Analysis - Compute the present value of a $100 cash flow for the ...
- finance - compute the present value of a $100 cash flow for the following ...
- algebra - A person is 3 times as old as aonther person but in 15 years she will ...
- health - Children and adolescents are considered to be reflected in which age ...
- MATH HELP - Sam and Harry are family. Sam is currently is three times Harry's ...