Posted by Rimmy on Friday, April 3, 2009 at 11:59pm.
I need help in revising this than you. I basically didn't post all the answer properly.
This group is the same as a subordinate group. A defining feature of this group is that its members have less control or power over their lives than do members of dominant groups Minority Group
This describes the social structure between competing groups as defined by conflict or tension. An example would be the conflict that occurs between Haitians and United States citizens when Haitian refugees seek a new home in the United States. Conflict perspective
This is a group with distinct national origins or cultural patterns. For example, Norwegian Americans belong to this type of group. Ethnic group
Women are considered the social minority in the United States because they belong to this group, and are sometimes subject to prejudice and discrimination Subordinate group
This is the study of social behavior. A professional in this field may study intergroup relations between African Americans and Asian Americans, for example Sociology
This occurs when a person both believes and feels that his or her own racial group is superior to another racial group. Racism
The most common definition of this term is a social ranking by social wealth. An example would be a family whose income level categorizes them below the poverty line, versus a family whose income level categorizes them far above the poverty line Class
This is when an oppressor uses race to determine who is and is not privileged. These determinations are made by assigning characteristics to races and dividing them into groups. At minimum, characteristics include physical or cultural traits. Social construction of race
This is a broad generalization about groups which does not account for individual differences. An example would be if a person were to generalize that all people from New York City are pushy Stereotype
Among many others, Chinese Americans, African American, Native Americans and Caucasians are examples of this group. Members of such a group can be identified by obvious physical differences. Racial group
This occurs when a dominant group forces a minority group to live, work, or socialize separately. The high index of Blacks and Whites living separately in Detroit, Michigan is an example. Segregation
Another way of describing a minority group, this type of group comprises people of certain race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability. Members of such a group exhibit five distinct characteristics. Gender Group
This occurs when a person, or the group to which that person belongs, assumes the characteristics of a dominant group. An example would be a Native American choosing to abandon his or her cultural norms in favor of United States norms. Assimilation
This group is associated with a faith other than that of the dominant group. For example, individuals who practice Buddhism in the United States belong to this type of group. Religious minority group
This perspective maintains that groups in society may express their cultures without facing prejudice or hostility. In part, it can be seen in some of the larger United States cities. Pluralism
Thank you. I really need help
- Cultural diversity 2 - Writeacher, Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 9:09am
Read through what I posted before, and then check these webpages:
Then go through your paper and consolidate as many sentences as possible, getting rid of wordiness and redundancy.
- CULTURAL DIVERSITY - Anonymous, Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 5:30pm
This describes the social structure between competing groups as defined by conflict or tension. An example would be the conflict that occurs between Haitians and United States citizens when Haitian refugees seek a new home in the United States.
- CULTURAL DIVERSITY - rina, Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 12:11pm
hey um i cant find anything on how cultural diversity occurs i wish someone would out it out there this is for a grade and i cont affrod another frakin zero. this looks like a good site so plz put hoe cultural diversity happens for goodness sakes. i dont want to have to ask the weird boy in front of me.
Answer this Question
- social studies - the group of the same as subordinate group.A defining feature ...
- cultural diversity - It's an ethnic group the same as Subordinate group? Not ...
- definition- please revise - Key Terms: Stereotype, Gender group, Pluralism, ...
- Socialogy and cultural diversity - Are Irish Americans considered a subordinate ...
- Journal - How do I begin a Journal for a homework assignment on Subordinate ...
- ethics/125/cultural diversity - i cannot seem to get anywere ive been trying ...
- Cultural Diversity - I have to identify and describe which, if any, of the ...
- John Jay - Where can I find the correct meaning of the following terms: ...
- mgt - Post your 200-300-word response to this question: How did that experience ...
- CULTURAL DIVERSITY - PLEASE REVISE. THAN YOU This group is the same as a ...