Posted by Mike on Friday, April 3, 2009 at 9:46pm.
If someone could check this for me please. I'm writing an essay on To Kill a Mockingbird and have to have 3 conjunctives that follow the pattern-semi colon, conjunctive adverb, comma. I'm hoping I don't have to write the whole sentence so here goes:
be killed; there, we are shown
essentially evil; unfortunately, the childlike
the world; understandably, people like
English-Essay Writing - Writeacher, Friday, April 3, 2009 at 9:48pm
The first one should be "...be killed; therefore, we are shown..."
The others are fine.
English-Essay Writing - bobpursley, Friday, April 3, 2009 at 9:52pm
One comment on use of words. You don't have the entire sentence, so I can't make a judgement, however, I question the usage of the word "essentially" with evil. What does that mean? I think I would look for another word.
English-Essay Writing - Mike, Friday, April 3, 2009 at 9:58pm
The story introduces the question of whether people are essentially good or essentially evil; unfortunately, the childlike innocence of Scout is lost through involvement with the events in the town. Does that make better sense?
English-Essay Writing - Mike, Friday, April 3, 2009 at 10:00pm
Thanks very much for your help
English-Essay Writing - Writeacher, Friday, April 3, 2009 at 10:25pm
Being able to read the whole sentence helps understand what you're doing, yes.
English-Essay Writing - Mike, Friday, April 3, 2009 at 10:26pm
Thank you again
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English Essay - I'm writing an essay for To Kill A Mockingbird and the claim I ...
- English - On the various types of patterns of development, choose a pattern to ...
- writing - I have to write an Essay showing the symbolism that shows tolerance ...
- writing (persuasive essay) - Hi. I'm in 10th grade and our teacher assigned us a...
- essay writing - What is the number 1 essay writing rule? A.Edit and revise your ...
- English - Essay Writing - I've just read the book 'To Kill a Mockingbird and I ...
- writing essay - What is the number one essay writing rule? A.Always write five ...
- English grammar check - Can someone tell me if this is the correct use of the ...
- English-Essay Writing - When writing an essay in MLA format with a works cited ...
- English Essay Writing - Ok I have a huge paper in which I have to compare the ...