Posted by history on Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 4:28pm.
please check these answers:
1. as a result of the Cuban Missile Crisis,
a. Fidel Castro was removed from power
b. the United States sest up missile sites in Cuba
c. the United States increased investments in Cuba
d. the Soviets removed their missiles
2. Several of the important decisions of the Supreme Court under Chief Justice Earl Warren focused on
a. protecting the constitutional rights of citizens accused of crimes
b. declaring Great Society legislation unconstitutional
c. continuing segregation policies in American public schools
d. medical care for the poor and the elderly
3. Which of the following best describes Kennedy's domestic policy success?
a. Congress supported nearly all his programs, but most were failures
b. he had won a popular madate that made passage of his programs easy
c. he rarely succeeded in pushing legislation through COngress
d. he launched a remarkable reform program that altered American society
B? (not sure about this one)
4. Critics of the Great Society complainted that it
a. helped only the middle class
b. gave the federal government too much authority
c. spent too little money
d. gave local communities too much governmental power
5. What effect did Supreme Court decision on apportionment bring out?
a. people accused of a crime must be informed of their rights
b. low-cost health insurance must be provided for the poor
c. electoral district had to be redrawn based on "one person, one vote"
d. criminal suspects must be given legal aid free if they cannot afford it
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- socials - for other event in 1960 i draw a missile for cuban missile crisis. and...
- US History - Hi i have a question... Which of the following did not involve ...
- Civics - 10. Which of these statements about the Cuban Missile Crisis is true...
- Social Studies - Describe how the Cuban Missile Crisis ultimately led to better ...
- world history - Which of the following is NOT true about the arms race between ...
- World History - The most serious confrontation between the United States and the...
- history - please help me with this during the Cold War, a major goal of United ...
- social studies - Please check: 1. North Korea became a communist country by ...
- please check(Social studies) - please check my answers thanks 1.B 2.C 3.B 4.B 5....
- US History - Which of the following statements about the Platt Amendment is true...