Posted by Sara on Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 3:48pm.
what those this mean (figurative language) and the reasoning
1. charile knew he was in trouble before he even asked his friend " so do you think i'm in a jam?"
2. the boys were saved from danger but only by the skin of their teeth.
3. the storm left a blanket of snow throughout the neighborhood.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :)
- figurative language - GuruBlue, Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 4:09pm
#1 " in a jam"
#2 "skin of teeth"
#3 "Blanket of snow"
A metaphor is defined as a figure of speech, or something that we use to replace "normal" words in order to help others understand or enjoy our message. For example, we use the phrase "a blanket of snow" to describe a snowfall that covers the ground evenly, as if the snow were a fabric.
- figurative language - Sara, Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 4:13pm
THANKS SO MUCH
- figurative language - Jazminnnn, Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 10:51pm
Whats the figurative meaning of "bookworm"
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English- Figurative Language - What type of figurative language is the following...
- Figurative Language - If the give you a ruled paper, write the other way. What ...
- senn high school - Write a 1-2 paragraph on a topic of your choice using at ...
- English 2 - Write an essay of at least 250 words that describes and explains ...
- English - In the following lines, Juliet is speaking of her tears, as if they ...
- The last time...Language arts - What figurative language does use in Annabel ...
- English 10 - 1. Sensory language is also known as __________. syntax broadsides...
- language - What types of figurative language did MLK jr. use in 'Letter to ...
- Language Arts - What types of Figurative language is this? 1Emily was and oxygen...
- Language Art - Which of the following names a type of figurative language