Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 10:00pm.
Chad had a garden that was in the shape of a rectangle. Its length was twice its width. He decided to make a new garden that was 2 feet longer and 2 feet wider than his first garden. If x represents the original width of the garden, which expression represents the difference between the area of his new garden and the area of the original garden?
- 11th grade Algebra II - Reiny, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 10:04pm
original garden is (x)(2x) = 2x^2
new garden = (x+2)(2x+2) =
so difference = (x+2)(2x+2) - x(2x)
- 11th grade Algebra II - Anonymous, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 10:08pm
wow!!! that was so fast. Thank you so much!
So the answer is 6x+4, right?
- 11th grade Algebra II - Reiny, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 10:09pm
(just happened to be on the computer)
- 11th grade Algebra II - Anonymous, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 10:11pm
Thank you!!! :)
- 11th grade Algebra II - carl, Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 12:40pm
teresa and julia are among 10 students who have applied for a trip to washington DC. Two students from the group will be selected at random for the trip. What is the probability that teresa and julia will be the 2 students selected?
- 11th grade Algebra II - keana, Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 8:46am
- 11th grade Algebra II - calvin, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 6:56pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - John currently has a square garden. He wants to redesign his garden and ...
- math - David currently has a square garden. He wants to redesign his garden and ...
- 8th grade algebra - the length of a rectangular garden is 5 feet longer than its...
- Unknow - A man has a rectangular garden. One length of the garden lies along a ...
- algebra - A rectangular garden, with length twice its width, is to be expanded ...
- math - A gardener wants to use 62 feet of fencing to enclose a rectangular ...
- Algebra - The perimeter of a rectangular garden is 35 feet. The length of the ...
- Math - Monte has a small rectangular herb garden that has a length 3 yd longer ...
- 7th grade - if a perimeter of a garden is 82 feet. the length is 5 more than ...
- Story problem - The perimeter of a rectangle garden is 104 ft. The length of the...