Posted by history on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 7:55pm.
1.a. which countries remained neutral during World War II?
SWEDEN, SPAIN, IRELAND, TURKEY, SWITZERLAND
(please correct me if i'm wrong)
b. How did Britain's location help that nation to avoid a German invasion?
c. why might it have been a mistake for Germany to have broken its pact and invaded the Soviet Union?
- history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 7:58pm
Your first answer is right.
Look at a map of Europe and find Britain (the U.K.). What separates Britain from the rest of Europe?
What good did the invasion of the Soviet Union do Germany? What did Germany gain or lose?
- history - history, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 8:08pm
some sea separates Britain from teh rest of Europe? (norht sea?)
- history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 8:12pm
Yes. That part of the North Sea that separates Britain from the rest of Europe is called the English Channel.
Obviously, it's easier to launch an invasion of thousands of soldiers over land rather than across water.
- history - history, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 8:17pm
i'm still stuck on the last part
- history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 8:24pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- US History - How did Britain's location help that nation to avoid a German ...
- hard history question - hi, what was the other european nation besides france ...
- English - Could you please check these last two sentences, please? Thank you ...
- history - during world war 2, the allied invasion of france and d-day (june 6,...
- English - Could you please help me check these sentences? Thank you very much in...
- History/ Social Studies - I was wondering if anybody could help me with this: ...
- World History - 1. The Cossacks were a nomadic people who a. led the Russian ...
- SoCiAl - Hitler entered France by conquering this nation on its northwestern ...
- US history - At the Battle of the Bulge: 1. Germany’s victory once again ...
- World History - The most serious confrontation between the United States and the...